The July 4th celebration is now July 3rd!!
Here is what you may need to know.
As most of you already know the concert and fireworks planned for July 4th on the Esplanade has been moved due to the Friday weather forecast. The Event will now take place today.
While this seems simple enough it really does cause a lot of issues for anyone working in Boston today. First off today is a business day in Boston and you can count on major rush hour delays both in the morning and evening rush hours.
I have been e-mailed, and sent Twitter DMs, plus looked up as much information I could to share with you to help you get through this nightmare.
Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular On Esplanade is now today, July 3rd
Thursday, July 3rd Concert and Fireworks
The Public will be allowed to start entering the checkpoints to the Esplanade at 5:00 pm
- 7:00pm WBZ News Radio AM 1030 broadcast begins
- 8:00pm Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular broadcast begins on WBZ-TV Boston
WCRB 99.5 FM broadcast begins
- 8:30pm Concert begins
- 10:30pm Fireworks begin
- 11:00pm Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular ends
Storrow Drive will be closed at 12:00 pm.
Memorial Drive, Mass Ave Bridge and Longfellow Bridge will be closed at 6:00 pm.
For more information look at the Massachusetts State Police link below.
Roads closed from 6:00 pm until the completion of the fireworks:
- Berkeley Street, from Beacon Street to Back Street
- Clarendon Street, from Back Street to Beacon Street
- Back Street, from Dartmouth Street to Mugar Way (Resident Access will remain from Dartmouth Street)
- Beacon Street, from Arlington Street to Massachusetts Avenue
- Berkeley Street, from Commonwealth Avenue to Back Street
- Dartmouth Street, from Commonwealth Avenue to Back Street
- Fairfield Street, from Commonwealth Avenue to Back Street
- Hereford Street, from Commonwealth Avenue to Back Street
- Massachusetts Avenue, from Commonwealth Avenue to the City of Cambridge
Now for the City of Boston Parking Restriction!!
Tow Zone and No Stopping:
- Arlington Street, both sides, from Beacon Street to Commonwealth Avenue
- Berkeley Street, both sides, from Marlborough Street to Back Street
- Clarendon Street, both sides, from Marlborough Street to Back Street
- Dartmouth Street, both sides, from Marlborough Street to Back Street
- Exeter Street, both sides, from Marlborough Street to Back Street
- Beacon Street, both sides, from Charles Street to Dartmouth Street
- Back Street, both sides, from Dartmouth Street to David G. Mugar Way
- Chestnut Street, both sides, from David G. Mugar Way to Brimmer Street
- Mount Vernon Street, both sides, from David G Mugar Way to Brimmer Street
- Pinckney Street, both sides, from David G. Mugar Way to Brimmer Street
- Revere Street, both sides, from David G. Mugar Way to Charles Street
MBTA for July 3rd & 4th
Beginning at 2 pm today July 3, 2014 subway service on all MBTA lines will operate at rush hour levels of service with no charge after 9:30 pm.
Please see the MBTA revised service schedules for the Fireworks Spectacular scheduled for July 3, 2014, as well as for the Fourth of July holiday, Friday, July 4, 2014. HERE
Heads up Boston, if you plan on going to the Fireworks Spectacular make sure you know what you can and can NOT bring with you.
- No backpacks
- No coolers on wheels
- No firearms, weapons, sharp objects or fireworks
- No cans
- No glass containers
- No alcoholic beverages
- No pre-mixed beverages
- All liquids will be carried in sealed clear plastic containers not to exceed 2 liters in size
- No grilling, propane tanks or open flames
- No unattended bags
- No bicycles will be allowed through the checkpoints into the Oval or Island/Lagoon areas. Bicycles are allowed throughout the rest of the venue, but most not be left unattended. Bicycles attached or locked to security fences, poles etc will be subject to removal.
- All personal items must be carried in clear bags only
- Pop up tents/canopies with no sides - maximum size 10x10 (no tents/canopies allowed on July 3)
- Blankets or tarps no bigger than 10x10
- Folding/beach chairs only
- Coolers, must be carried in by shoulder strap or single handle (no wheels)
- After inspection, small clutch bags/purses may be taken into the venue with the clear bag.