My what to do for August 1 -3 in Boston by @BostonAttitude
My Weekend Picks for August 1 -3
Can you believe this Friday is August 1? Where is Summer going? I put together some events that will be happening around Boston this weekend. Hope you enjoy!!
Friday, August 1
- Allison Adams Tucker Quartet is at the Ryles Jazz Club: Join Multi-lingual Vocalist Allison Adams Tucker on her musical journey as she celebrates the release of her 2nd CD April in Paris
- MFA First Fridays: Enjoy Summer Cocktails, Music and Fine Art at MFA First Fridays, This event is 21+ and Proper ID is required.
This event happens on the First Friday of every Month and offers a cash bar with signature cocktails with tapas available to purchase.
Location: Museum of Fine Arts Boston (Ruth and Carl J. Shapiro Family Courtyard)
Time: 6:30 -9:30pm
- ICA First Fridays: ICA First Fridays happens on the First Friday of every month and offers Music, Adult Beverages and Contemporary Art. The ICA's Water Cafe will offer small plate menu and a Full Bar with signature cocktails inspired by the museums current exhibitions.
This event is 21+ and Proper ID is required.
Location: The Institute of Contemporary Art
Time: 5 - 10pm
- Mexican Pop-up: Mexican Native Estela Calzada turns Kitchen Inc. into an authentic Mexican Restaurant. for more information check out Nibble Somerville Arts Council
Location: Kitchen Inc. 201 Somerville ave.
Saturday, August 2
- Pet Palooza at Assemble Row: Back again this Summer, Assembly Row and SomDog, Somerville’s responsible dog ownership non-profit organization, invite the area’s furry friends for a two-day family focused festival to celebrate with pet-centric activities including DockDog’s Northeast Regional Championship competition.
Time: 10:00am -5:00pm August 2 -3, 2014
- Donuts and Wine Brunch Event: On Saturday the popular Somerville Donut Guru's Union Square Donuts is having a Wine & Donut pairing with the Boston Wine School.
Learn about the fresh approach Union Square Donuts take on the classic treat.
For more information and tickets: EventBrite
Location: Boston Wine School, Allston MA.
Time: 12 -2pm
The Craziest 5K of your Life ROC Race: This Saturday Aug 2 the Original 5k Obstacle course race is at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro MA. The run featuring 12 larger than life obstacles including the infamous Wrecking Ball, the brand new Sweeper, Jump Balls, and the World’s Largest Inflatable Water Slide!
Location: Gillette Stadium
Time: 10am -7pm
h/t to @JoselinMane for tweeting to me about this event
Sunday, Aug 3
- Italian Cars in Brookline: On Sunday Tutto Italiano is coming to Larz Anderson Auto Museum. If you love old cars, or have an old car this event is for you. See some Italian Classics beauties like Ferrari and Maserati, enjoy food, music and good weather.
Location: Larz Anderson Auto Museum.
Time: 10:00am - 2:00pm gates do open at 9:00am
- Lamb Roast and Bourbon at Tavern Road: If your a Fan of Lamb and love Bourbon this just might be the event for you. This Sunday, August 3 Tavern Road is having a whole Lamb Roast with Angle Envy Bourbon.
Time: 6:30pm - 9:30p