Wear your best look and join us for a special sneak peek of "Gender Bending Fashion" at the next edition of the MFA Late Nites, an after-hours celebration at the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston. The event features a wide range of programming created in partnership with local organizations, artists, and more:
• Preview "Gender Bending Fashion" before it opens to the public on March 21! The exhibition looks across a century of style that dares to break the rules regarding the relationship between gender and dress. More than 60 boundary-pushing designs are featured, presenting the work of groundbreaking contemporary designers—including Alessandro Trincone Official, Rad Hourani and Thom Solo—in the context of historical trends like the garçonne look of the 1920s and the peacock revolution of the 1960s.
• Stop by Fluide's Beauty Bar, featuring an on-site makeup artist, pop-up shop and DIY makeup station. Fluide is a collection of high-impact, cruelty-free makeup for all skin tones, gender expressions and gender identities.
• Express yourself in the Karaoke Lounge with DJ Dayglow! Request a song, bring a drink and try out a new look with fun props and accessories while you perform.
• Get inspired by boundary-pushing designs in "Gender Bending Fashion" and create your own stylish accessories to wear throughout the night.
• In addition to "Gender Bending Fashion," explore the exhibitions "Graciela Iturbide's Mexico," "Postwar Visions: European Photography, 1945–60," "Radical Geometries: Bauhaus Prints, 1919–33" and "Made Visible: Contemporary South African Fashion and Identity."
• Enjoy a variety of food and drink options, including a tasting menu in the Shapiro Family Courtyard, a Beer Garden located in the Garden Cafeteria and wine, beer, soft drinks and snacks at Taste Café.
Guests of all ages are welcome; visitors wishing to consume alcohol must be 21+. Valid ID with proof of age is required to purchase alcohol. Food and drink will be available for purchase; no outside food or beverage allowed.
All bags are subject to inspection by Museum staff. Backpacks and large bags are not permitted. All other smaller bags are strongly discouraged, and may need to be checked in the Coat Room upon entry. The MFA has a strict no smoking policy; this includes vaporizers. The MFA reserves the right to deny entry or to ask guests to leave at any time.
MFA Late Nites is made possible by Trustee Dr. Jeffrey Leiden and his wife Lisa.
LOCATION: Museum of Fine Arts, Boston 465 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA 02115