Join us at our March 3 MFA Late Nites, the next event in our series connecting visitors to art, culture, and community. The MFA is open to the public for ticketed entry to the party from 8 pm to 2 am. The diverse event lineup features programming created in partnership with local organizations, artists, and more—making the Museum buzz with activity:
• Exhibitions on view include "Takashi Murakami: Lineage of Eccentrics," "M. C. Escher: Infinite Dimensions," "(un)expected families," "Mark Rothko: Reflection" and "Seeking Stillness"
• Music by DJ Earthaclit, Lunamariposa, DJ Dayglow featuring Coleslaw, Severity Stone, and Violencia, MSHR and DJ Drasher in the Shapiro Family Courtyard—curated by Kara Stokowski (DJ Dayglow)
• In true HipStory style, the Linde Family Wing for Contemporary Art comes to life with a lineup of live music and dope DJs
• A VR experience by MSHR (art collective duo Birch Cooper and Brenna Murphy), meshing digital sculpture, analog circuitry and ceremonial performance
• Spotlight Talks in “(un)expected families” with Caleb Cole and David Hilliard, photographers featured in the exhibition
• Puzzles by Nervous System and art making in the exhibition “M. C. Escher: Infinite Dimensions”
• Drawing After Dark
• Late Nite Bites in the Shapiro Family Courtyard, pizza and hot pretzels at the Beer Hall in the Garden Cafeteria, and wine, beer, soft drinks and snacks at Taste Café
• Merchandise from Takashi Murakami's studio Kaikai Kiki and ComplexConin the Murakami Shop and infinitely puzzling and delightful Escher-inspired products in the Escher Pop-Up Shop
XPass holders: reserve your free tickets before advance tickets sell out! Don’t have anXPass? It’s not too late to sign up: bit.ly/2yt68Xm
Guests of all ages are welcome; visitors wishing to consume alcohol must be 21+. Valid ID with proof of age is required to purchase alcohol. Food and drink will be available for purchase; no outside food or beverage allowed.
All bags are subject to inspection by Museum staff. Backpacks and large bags are not permitted. All other smaller bags are strongly discouraged, and may need to be checked upon entry. The MFA has a strict no smoking policy; this includes vaporizers. The Museum reserves the right to deny entry or to ask guests to leave at any time.
MFA Late Nites is made possible by Trustee Dr. Jeffrey Leiden and his wife Lisa.